WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Creating Cards with MDS

My Digital Studio is my “go-to” for creating scrapbook pages. It doesn’t take me long at all to create pages I love. For some reason though, when creating cards, I usually grab my rubber stamps and paper. When asked to create three different types of cards in MDS, I was determined to reach outside of my creative comfort zone!


First, I created a card using my e-cutter with MDS. I’ve always loved the look of fun-shaped cards and knew I wanted to try making one with my e-cutter.


This card was pretty easy to create. I used punches from MDS to create the cupcake top, bottom, stripes, and hearts. I was able to mirror the image in the e-cutter software so that I could cut out the base of the card as one piece. Then I added another layer for the cupcake top--the sprinkles and stripes. Pretty simple, but pretty cute!

Next, I created a hybrid card:


I have always loved the Designer Series Paper in the World Traveler Photobook Template. I thought the grungy, masculine look of this paper would be perfect for a Father’s Day card. I used MDS to create all of the different elements of my card. I filled punches with Designer Series Paper and created my sentiment with some added stitching. I printed and cut out each piece for the card--I used my Framelits dies to cut out the hearts.Then I added a layer of cardstock, some Linen Thread, some Stampin’ Dimensionals, and a brad. This was so fun to put together!
Lastly, I created an all digi card in MDS:


I’ve been anxious to play with some of the watercolor stamps recently released. I started this card without a plan in mind . . . but I’m happy with how it turned out! As you can see, I used the same stamp repeatedly. I played with the colors, the crop tool, and the layering until I was happy with the effect. I think I’ll go back and create a few more like this by changing the sentiment. It’s always nice to have thank you, thinking of you, and happy birthday cards on hand!
I love getting a jump-start on my handmade cards for the year! This year, I’m super excited about the endless possibilities with MDS! (I just hope my rubber stamps don’t get too dusty!)

--Cori Kozak
My Digital Studio Design Team



Big Bold Birthday Stamp Brush Set

My Digital Class Beautiful Today Kit

Be Yourself May Kit
(item 133426)

World Traveler Photobook

All Holidays Stamp Brush Set

No comments:

Post a Comment