WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, June 30, 2014

Blackberry Bliss Snowflake Soiree - Sketch Challenge (TSSC321)



Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:





I had a team meeting this last weekend which means that all the Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators in our group planned a get-together for some food, social time, and of course some stamping and swapping! I thought I would use this sketch as a starting point for my swap:




I really challenged myself this time! I knew that I wanted to share a Christmas card idea and I had to use current (not retired) Stampin' Up! products. I decided that Blackberry Bliss was going to be my "Christmas" color and that Snowflake Soiree was going to be the perfect stamp set. Those 3 things (the sketch, the color, and the stamp set) were the springboard for this project!


Here are some details of the card:
  • Card base is Pool Party
  • DSP is from Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack and matted with Blackberry Bliss
  • Snowflake is heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder onto Silver Foil 12x12 sheets. (Make certain you use the Embossing Buddy and watch those fingerprints!) Then I die-cut the snowflake off-center with the Starburst framelit dies and matted it with a larger circle (mounted off-center as well)
  • I created banners with Silver Glimmer Paper and Pool Party card stock and stamped the greeting from Snowflake Soiree with Blackberry Bliss ink
I wish you could see the silver and sparkle on this card! Here is another angle of the embossing (noticed I used another pattern from that same paper stack) - and look at that sparkle from the Glimmer Paper! You just need to travel to my neck of the woods in Tennessee to see it!





We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For MeMary Brown - Stamper Camper's Corner



Supply Listtams# 804

tams# 804

Product List
Stamp : Snowflake Soiree Clear-Mount Stamp Set , Snowflake Soiree Wood-Mount Stamp Set
Ink : Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Pad , Versamark Pad
Card Stock : Blackberry Bliss 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock , Moonlight Designer Series Paper , Pool Party 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock , Silver Foil Sheets , Silver Glimmer Paper
Tools & Adhesive : Embossing Buddy , Heat Tool , Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive , Stampin' Dimensionals
Accessory : Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder
Big Shot : Big Shot Die-Cut Machine , Circles Collection Framelits Dies , Starburst Framelits Dies

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, loving these colors for Christmas. Very pretty the embossing really adds that special touch. Thanks so much for another great sample for my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete