WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, September 8, 2014

Playground Project Life - Sketch Challenge

Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:




This week I decided to go digital and use MDS! I LOVE this sketch! I think it would be perfect for a journal cover! Check out this week's sketch:



This project is short and sweet! Even though I did this digitally, you could totally replicate this project using actual paper. I thought this would be a great card to print out and have on hand to give to my kids when they need a quick pick-me-up note. I love you to the moon and back - I tell my kids that all the time! Check out the card details:

  • The card base is Island Indigo followed by a layer of DSP from World Spectacular. this paper is retired but never retires digitally!
  • There is a layer of Raspberry Ripple and Crushed Curry that has been "stitched" to the card front
  •  The focal point is an embellishment (or can be found as a card in the actual Playground Project Life Card Collection) and is matted with Raspberry Ripple card stock and I rounded the corners of the paper with the handy corner rounder tool in MDS
  • I also added a Pool Party button and some gray bakers twine that I recolored to Raspberry Ripple (another favorite tool of mine in MDS!)
It's your turn! We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!

Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me


Product List (tams# 1228)

Supply List (provided by MDS software):

Background

  Card Stock\Textured Card Stock\Textured Card Stock - island indigo

Embellishments
  •     Staple & Stitching\Very Vanilla - Stitching Straight
  •     Designer Kits\Playground Project Life - embellishments\Playground Project Life 3x4
  • - 93
  •     Buttons Pack In Color\Pool Party - 3
  •     Baker's Twine\Baker's Twine - Basic Gray bow (re-colored) Color = RASPBERRY RIPPLE 146,21,37

Punches
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = RASPBERRY RIPPLE 146,21,37

Photos
  •     Designer Series Paper\_Designer Kits\World Spectacular - designer series paper\World Spectacular - 2
  •     Card Stock\Raspberry Ripple
  •     Card Stock\Island Indigo
  •     Card Stock\Crushed Curry
  •     Card Stock\Raspberry Ripple


1 comment:

  1. I just adore the focal image and the wonderful colors you chose! Awesome job, thanks so much for all the great samples for my sketch week after week!

    ReplyDelete