WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Faux Rusted Metal Embellishments


faux-rusted-metal-1

I love all things shabby and vintage, and although this passion doesn’t surface much in my papercrafting projects, it’s always fun to play. A little while ago I visited an absolutely fabulous salvage yard where I found loads of rusted metal filing cabinets, signage, and almost anything else you could think of. My mind was spinning! How could I translate these beautiful, rusty, and worn pieces into my papercrafting? Well, after a little bit of thinking and a lot of playing in my stamp studio, I’m ready to show you how you can transform a simple piece of paper into ultra-fab, faux rusted metal embellishments. And, of course, what better way to show you than with a video tutorial?



faux-rusted-metal-2

For the faux rusted embellishment on this card I used the Sweetheart Punch and punched out six hearts from Basic Gray Cardstock. I then glued them one on top of another to create a thick embellishment that would look more like a real chunk of metal.

faux-rusted-metal-3

When creating a faux rusted embellishment that has some dimension (like this fabulous 3D star!) make sure you do all of your scoring and folding before you begin applying the layers of ink and embossing powder.

faux-rusted-metal-4


Want to create a faux rusted metal stamped image? Easy! Stamp on top of faux rusted metal using the Jet Black StāzOn Ink Pad. Now you can create faux rusted metal images with all of your favorite Stampin’ Up! stamps! Oooh . . . I need to try flowers next! 
I hope you’ll give this technique a try!
Allison Okamitsu
2014–2015 Artisan Design Team

Sweetheart Punch (item # 133786)
Basic Gray 8 1/2" x 11" Cardstock (item #121044)

Metallic Gold Encore Pad (item #132141)
Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Pad (item #126965)
Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad (item #126978)
Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder (item #109129)
Pool Party Stampin’ Emboss Powder (item #129398)
Heat Tool (item #129053)
Stampin’ Sponges (item # 101610)

No comments:

Post a Comment