WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, December 29, 2014

Seasonally Scattered Meets Stacked with Love



Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:


Check out the sketch for this week - TSSC347:


I'm sad to see the 2014 Holiday Catalog leaving this week but I am excited for the upcoming 2015 Occasions Catalog so I have a little "something old, something new" project for you today! I used the soon to be retired Seasonally Scattered stamp set along with the new Stacked With Love DSP stack!


I just love Valentine's Day and all the shades of pinks and reds with white. However, I have grown to love red and black colors for Valentine's Day as well! I started with a black card base layered with 2 patterns from the Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper Stack. The patterns in this se are AWESOME - reds and pinks and hearts which are perfect for your Valentine projects and the back side is black and white with plenty of patterns that are not Valentine-specific! That means that you can craft with this paper stack all year long!

I rounded all corners of the DSP. I stamped the "love" with Real Red ink and punched it out using my 2" circle punch. Using my 2-1/2" circle punch I created a black circle to mat the "love" greeting. I cut a strip of Real Red card stock about 5/8" wide and stamped the word "you" from the Endless Birthday Wishes photopolymer stamp set. Then I flagged one end of the strip and cut it just long enough to extend past my DSP layers.



Before I go on, I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE photopolymer stamps. If I could buy every single stamp set in only photopolymer I would be happy! They are easy to clean (water from sink and let air dry on towel) and my favorite part - super sticky (so they don't fall off my clear blocks!) 

I used a red Sharpie marker (use Blendabilities too!) to color 3 rhinestones and added them as indicated in the sketch. I colored the rhinestones so they would contrast the black and white pattern of paper. I also added 2 "plain" rhinestones at the bottom of the red patterned paper.



We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!

Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me




Supply List
129324s
Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels

Stamp :
Ink :
Card Stock :
Tools & Adhesive :
Punch :
Accessory :
Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels(retired) [129324] , Rhinestone Basic Jewels Embellishments [119246]

1 comment:

  1. Love your old and new design! I agree with you Valentine cards are so fun, the colors and hearts. Your card is super cute, I adore black and red cards. Thanks so much for another wonderful card for my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete