WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, August 29, 2011

Thank you cards

This card is really pretty easy but took an amazingly long time to create 10 of them! With a 4 month old, housework, and devoted weekend family time - it was hard to squeeze the time in to complete these. But I finally did and I love them!

Firstly the design was inspired by Riley Fitzgerald's card I found on Splitcoaststampers. I started out with several color combinations from my Color Coach and finally settled on Old Olive, Night of Navy, and Pretty in Pink. As I colored my stamp with my marker (because I don't have the Pretty in Pink stamp pad yet) I decided I wanted to try the Rock and Roll technique. So I got my Rose Red stamp pad and out LOVED the color combination and the effect the technique added to the card. I originally wanted to stamp the flower and then pop up the same flower on top, but I found that in cutting it was hard to keep it "exactly" the same, so I just rotated it a bit! I love how easy it is to "fix" things that you don't like about a card with a simple change in position!

I also wanted to put ribbon on this card but I often find myself wondering as I'm CASEing cards if they are really using a standard card size because I can  never seem to fit everything in as well as they do, so again....I tweaked it.

Yes - I cut out every flower and every butterfly. I did omit the butterfly antennae but I really do enjoy the therapy cutting the detailed images can provide. The focus required to cut most images gives me some moments of peace as I try to be careful not to badly damage the beautiful image I've stamped. I LOVE the contrasting patters of the DSP too. I was going for polka dots but found the stripes worked better overall. When I was done I packaged these up into little packets I've created to pass out to others to share this wonderful craft with. I love to see people's faces light up when they see hand made cards and their sureness that they can't make anything as beautiful. That's what I always said when I would see other Stampin' Up! demonstrators cards....


No comments:

Post a Comment