WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Feeling Sentimental Easel Card




HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!
I made this card for a customer of mine who is having a birthday today. I hope she received it in time! I always forget how easy it is to make easel cards. I was inspired by a card created by Karen Rogers but I wanted to use a color scheme from my Color Coach so I chose Night of Navy and Baja Breeze. I followed the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.


Here is a view from the side so you can see how it stands after opening the card.


This is the popped up piece in the front where the front card flap rests to an open "easel" position.


I used the Sale-a-bration stamp set, Feeling Sentimental because Emily LOVES this ferris wheel image. Sadly this set is no longer available - I hope you were able to get it while it was available for FREE. I also love using the En Francais background stamp set on my projects.

I'm not sure if you can tell from this picture but I used my Stampin' Distress Tool around the Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla edges of card stock. I think the distressed edges look works so well with this stamp set.


I originally stamped off with the En Francais background stamp set but decided to restamp with a fully inked stamp on the other side. I'm glad I did because once I added splatters of Not Quite Navy with my color spritzer tool it was the perfect contrast to the Baja Breeze background.

WIN $150 STAMPIN' UP! GIFT CERTIFICATE!!!! 



Don't forget the Spring 2013 Late Night Stampers Spring Treasure Hunt is still in full swing and we have over 50 clues to offer you so we are now collecting entries for the $150 prize! Click here for more info. Good luck!!

Supplies used for this project:
Stamps: Feeling Sentimental (SAB 2013), En Francais
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Stampin Distress Tool, Color Spritzer Tool, Stampin' Sponge, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Basic Pearl Jewel Accents, Stampin Dimensionals, Sticky Strip


(Click on any of the links below)



No comments:

Post a Comment