HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!
I made this card for a customer of mine who is having a birthday today. I hope she received it in time! I always forget how easy it is to make easel cards. I was inspired by a card created by Karen Rogers but I wanted to use a color scheme from my Color Coach so I chose Night of Navy and Baja Breeze. I followed the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.
Here is a view from the side so you can see how it stands after opening the card.
This is the popped up piece in the front where the front card flap rests to an open "easel" position.
I used the Sale-a-bration stamp set, Feeling Sentimental because Emily LOVES this ferris wheel image. Sadly this set is no longer available - I hope you were able to get it while it was available for FREE. I also love using the En Francais background stamp set on my projects.
I'm not sure if you can tell from this picture but I used my Stampin' Distress Tool around the Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla edges of card stock. I think the distressed edges look works so well with this stamp set.
I originally stamped off with the En Francais background stamp set but decided to restamp with a fully inked stamp on the other side. I'm glad I did because once I added splatters of Not Quite Navy with my color spritzer tool it was the perfect contrast to the Baja Breeze background.
WIN $150 STAMPIN' UP! GIFT CERTIFICATE!!!!
Don't forget the Spring 2013 Late Night Stampers Spring Treasure Hunt is still in full swing and we have over 50 clues to offer you so we are now collecting entries for the $150 prize! Click here for more info. Good luck!!
Supplies used for this project:
Stamps: Feeling Sentimental (SAB 2013), En Francais
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla
Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Stampin Distress Tool, Color Spritzer Tool, Stampin' Sponge, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Basic Pearl Jewel Accents, Stampin Dimensionals, Sticky Strip
- This & That (NEW PRODUCT LINE!) - Scrapbooking on the GO! Journals, DSP, sticker,s stamps, and WASHI TAPE. Get the bundle to save 15%. PLUS enter to win a trip to San Diego (enter by April 30, 2013)
- Spring Fabric Frenzy - all fabric from current catalogs are 50% for 7 days ONLY! (ends March 31, 2013)
- MDS2 (now just MDS) Reduced to $19.95 - Permanent 75% reduction!!!!
- Sent With Love: Limited time offer to get an exclusive travel-themed stamp set, DSP, or save and get the bundle! (expires April 30, 2013)
- Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires March 31, 2013)
- Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!