Today is the 15th wedding anniversary for my mom and step dad. I can't believe it's been that long! I can still picture when and where they told me they were going to get married. I remember helping my mom search store after store after store to find the "perfect" wedding dress! He has been the perfect compliment to her and they have been endured so much over the last 15 years and are still going strong! I am so glad they have found each other!
My inspiration for this card came from a card made by Patti Gress and shared by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek. I actually pinned it to my Pinterest board and it started to spread like wild-fire!
I chose to use a new In-Color - Crisp Cataloupe - as it's the closest "peachy" color I had. Crisp Cantaloupe is more "peachy' and not quite the coloring of cantaloupe - but is GORGEOUS! I actually didn't have most of the same supplies used in this card but I LOVED the layout and used what I had. I used 2 of my newest stamp sets for the 1st time with this card - Mosaic Madness and The Best of Love! I also used a retired stamp set - Affection Collection!
I stamped the heart from the Best of Love stamp set with Crisp Cantaloupe for that tone-one-tone look and then punched it out with my Full Heart punch. The heart is not the same size as the punch but it works if you are looking for a background-type image! I just love the flowers in that heart!
Supplies used for this project:
Stamps: Mosaic Madness (NEW!), Best of Love, and Affection Collection (retired)
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Jet Black Stazon
Paper: Very Vanilla and Crisp Cantaloupe card stock, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories: Lacy Brocade embossing folder (retired), Scallop Trim Border Punch, Hearts A Flutter Framelits, Full Heart Punch
- 25% off Digital: Purchase select digital downloads and print your projects with the same 25% discount!
- New Catalog Released: Contact me to get your copy!
- Grab Your Greetings: Save 25% on 3 very popular greeting stamp sets (expires June 30, 2013)
- Paper Pumpkin: Get a project kit sent to your door each month! Subscribe today or contact me to see the past kits and sample ideas.
- Single Stamps: Choose any single stamps from Assortment 3 or Assortment 4 (expires July 31, 2013)
- Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE!