WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, March 31, 2014

Oh Hello Birthday


Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:



I had a LOT of fun with this sketch! In fact, I had so much fun I made a total of 4 samples of the same card - just created slightly different! I participated in a card swap at our quarterly team meeting and used this week's sketch to make my card. Check out the sketch:


Here is another sample of the same card:



Do you recognize the image on the left side of the card? Is it a roller wheel? Nope! It's a stamp from Oh, Hello! Using my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig, I was able to align the stamped images to appear as if they were rolled  on! 

Originally, my plan was to use my In Color Boutique Details and knew (actually thought) that I had 5 of each color and since I had to make 10 cards for my swap I was going to make my cards in 2 different colors using the same layout - no problem right?

In Color Boutique Details

After I cut everything for the 10 cards, I started to assemble and then realized that there are only 4 of each of the 5 colors - yikes! Here are the cards I created using these Boutique Details:




Since I didn't have enough of the In-Color Boutique Details for all my cards, I created the above embellishment with the Boho Blossoms Punch and a Neutrals Designer Button. There are 3 flowers on this punch so I punched them all once and then separated the layers of paper and then glued them together and added the button with a glue dot. 

Why would I want to separate the layers of paper just to glue them back together? If I were to punch 2 of each flower, and then layer them, I would end up with a much thicker embellishment. With one set of punched flowers, separating the layers allows you to create the layered look without the added thickness! Here is a close up of the embellishement:



When looking at the supply list below - don't panic! There are a lot of supplies listed but the supplies vary from card to card -depending on which color scheme you go with and which embellishment you choose. Which embellishment and color scheme do you prefer? 


It's your turn! We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me


Supply List: (Tams# 511)

130538s
130535s
131931s
130733s
131175s
101406s
131178s
121045s
131297s
132996s
126926s
130141s
131295s
101049s
110755s
119858s
130031s
132173s


Stamps
Ink
Card Stock
Tools & Adhesive
Punch
Accessory
Big Shot


(Click on any of the links below)
  • Make an Impression: Texture Boutique is the perfect, portable tool to create embossed cards, tags, embellishments, and more.(while supplies last)
  • Sale-a-brate: Choose a free item from the Sale-a-bration flyer with every $50 purchase. Shop online or contact me! (ends March 31, 2014)
  • Photopolymer Stamps: The perfectly clear choice. Choose from 12 sets during this limited time trial! (Two sets of stamps have already sold out!)
  • Best of...25 Years: Stampin' Up! is bringing back some of their most popular stamps over the last 25 years and releasing a new stamp set each month. Buy 6 sets get one FREE! (ends March 31, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment