WEEKLY DEALS

Catalogs

Monday, July 28, 2014

Tea Party Hello - Sketch Challenge



Happy Monday! It's time for another Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! Here is my sample for this week:


Here is this week's sketch:


What a fun sketch! I created a color combination that I would have never thought about:





I knew that I wanted to color my stamp image with markers and that I wanted to use Strawberry Slush for my flowers. I can never find a marker from the 2013-2015 In-Color collection in my marker stash when I want one and then I think to myself "did I really not purchase the marker set"? So I resorted to the next closest color...Rose Red! 

Have you tried the new Venetian Crochet Trim? I am IN LOVE!!! I was sad when the 5/8" inch crochet trim retired from the last catalog. It was my go to ribbon for that certain delicate or classic look. I'm not much for vintage but this new crochet trim is GORGEOUS!!! It is even more delicate and I love the detail in the trim. I can see myself using this ribbon in many more projects!

Here are some card details:
  • card base is Baked Brown Sugar (standard A2 size 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored in the middle at 4-1/4")
  • Patterned DSP is from All Abloom Paper Stack and is cut 1-3/4" x 5-1/2". I applied Tombow Glue to the back of DSP and applied to card base, but tucked 6" of the Venetian Crochet Trim under the DSP before fulling adhering and trimmed the edges of 3/8" ribbon (trim) with my favorite ribbon scissors (aka Craft Scissors)!
  • Very Vanilla (4" x 2-3/4") and Rose Red (3-3/4" x 2-1/2") with Perfect Polka Dots embossing.
  • I colored the image from Tea Party with Rose Red, Garden Green, and Smoky Slate markers. I huffed on the rubber before stamping to remoisten the ink then cut with the Chalk Talk Framelit Dies.
  • Greeting is from Perfect Pennants inked in Garden Green and cut with Banners Framelits as well as an extra pennant in Garden Green to shadow behind the greeting. I adhered the image and pennants with dimensionals (leftover from a Paper Pumpkin kit!!)
Tea Party Stamp Set

We would love to see what you can create using this sketch! Head over to Mary Jo's blog listed below and enter your project using the sketch and the linky tool. Don't forget to check out all the other wonderful projects created by the design team this week!


Mary Jo Price-Williams - Technostamper
Nicole Tegrul - Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula - Inked X2
Tanya Bell - Stamping T!
Jonia Smith - Stampin For Me




Supply List (tams# 949):


Stamp : Perfect Pennants Clear-Mount Bundle [134816] , Tea Party Clear-mount Stamp Set [129138] , Tea Party Wood-mount Stamp Set [129135]
Ink : Neutrals Stampin' Write Markers [131261] , Regals Stampin' Write Markers [131262] , Smoky Slate Stampin' Write Marker [131898]
Card Stock : All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack [133703] , Baked Brown Sugar 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [131296] , Garden Green 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [102584] , Rose Red 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [102544] , Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [101650]
Tools & Adhesive : Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive [110755]
Ribbon & Trim : Venetian Crochet Trim [134581]
Big Shot : Chalk Talk Framelits Dies [129983] , Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die [117335]

1 comment:

  1. So so pretty! A bit of a vintage look to it, love the colors and the ribbon. Thanks for another wonderful sample for my sketches!

    ReplyDelete